This post is sponsored by ALDI. Ingredient prices and availability may vary. Visit ALDI on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram.
Every year I like to work something new and unique into my Thanksgiving meal, and this year it’s going to be this Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad. Whether you’re planning a big family gathering this year, or something more cozy and intimate, this Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad will steal the show. This gorgeous mix of roasted Brussels Sprouts, sweet potatoes, pecans, goat cheese, and a tangy-sweet maple Dijon dressing is as gorgeous as it is delicious. And not only is it easy to make, but it was also super budget-friendly because I got all of the ingredients at ALDI—my favorite one-stop-shop for Thanksgiving. 🙌
Keep Your Thanksgiving Budget In Check
Putting together a Thanksgiving meal takes a lot of planning and, if you’re working with a tight budget, you’ve got to be extra careful to keep those costs in check. Thankfully, ALDI is coming through for us again this year! ALDI has hit the rewind button on over 50 classic Thanksgiving ingredients, reducing their prices to the lowest level since 2019. SCORE! So if you’re nostalgic for the grocery prices from a few years ago, get to your local ALDI store pronto! (P.S. You can also do delivery or curb-side pick-up, which is super handy during the busy holiday season!)
What’s in Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad
This salad is super simple, but totally elegant. It has a very short list of ingredients (all of which I got at ALDI), including the homemade maple dijon vinaigrette. Here’s what you’ll need for this salad:
- Fresh Brussels sprouts*
- Fresh sweet potatoes*
- Southern Grove Chopped Pecans*
- Emporium Selection Original Goat Cheese Log
- Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
*2019 Thanksgiving Price Rewind on select ALDI products based on average retail at ALDI from November 2–29, 2019. Available in store and online from November 2-19, 2022. Taxes and online and delivery fees not included. Products with reduced prices are marked with the Thanksgiving Price Rewind icon. Prices for other Thanksgiving-related products may be higher than 2019 prices at ALDI. Wine and beer are available at select ALDI stores.
And then the homemade vinaigrette is made with: Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup, Simply Nature Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Burman’s Dijon Mustard, Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stonemill Garlic Powder, salt, and pepper. BOOM. So easy.
How Much Does THis Make?
This recipe makes about 5 cups of salad or about 4-6 regular dinner-sized servings. If you want to make a bigger batch for a larger Thanksgiving, simply double the recipe and roast the Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes on two baking sheets (one for each).
What Else Can I Add?
If you want to take this salad up a notch, you have a few great options. Try browning some bacon in a skillet and using the bacon grease to oil up the Brussels and sweet potatoes before roasting, then crumble the bacon over the salad at the end. You can also add dried cranberries for a little extra sweetness.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad
This cozy Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad features roasted vegetables, toasted pecans, creamy goat cheese, and a tangy maple Dijon dressing. Servings 5 1 cup each Prep 20 minutes Cook 30 minutes Total 50 minutes Save RecipeSaved! Print Recipefrom votes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts* ($2.89)
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes* ($0.86)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil ($0.26)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.01)
- 1/8 tsp pepper ($0.01)
- 1/3 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans* ($0.78)
- 2 oz. goat cheese ($1.00)
Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup ($0.64)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar ($0.15)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard ($0.02)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ($0.52)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp pepper ($0.02)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into ¾-inch cubes.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment, then add the Brussels sprouts to one side and the sweet potatoes to the other side. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss until the vegetables are coated in oil.
- Transfer the vegetables to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Give the vegetables a good stir, keeping them each on their own side, then roast for an additional 10 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are browned and the sweet potatoes are tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the maple Dijon vinaigrette. Whisk together the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chopped pecans to a skillet and place over medium heat. Stir and cook the pecans for 2-3 minutes, or just until they begin to smell toasty, then remove them from the heat.
- Once the vegetables have finished roasting, transfer them to a large bowl and add the toasted nuts. Drizzle with half of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add more dressing to your liking.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the salad just before serving. Enjoy!
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
Enamelware Sheet PanParchment PaperChef’s Knife
*Get special rewind prices on these ingredients at ALDI this Thanksgiving season, featuring the lowest prices since 2019! Prices listed are what I paid. The prices and ingredient availability may vary by location.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 366kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 7gFat: 24gSodium: 301mgFiber: 7g Read our full nutrition disclaimer here. Have you tried this recipe?Mention @budgetbytes or tag #budgetbytes on Instagram!
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad – Step by Step Photos
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash one pound of Brussels Sprouts and slice them in half.
Peel and dice one pound of sweet potatoes into ¾-inch cubes.
Place the prepared Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes on a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss each vegetable until well coated in oil, keeping the two vegetables separated on the sheet pan.
Make sure the vegetables are spread out in a single layer on the sheet pan. Transfer the sheet pan to the preheated 400ºF oven and roast for 20 minutes, then stir, and roast for an additional 10 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are nicely browned and the sweet potatoes are tender. If one vegetable reaches doneness before the other, simply scoop it off the sheet pan and continue roasting the other until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
While the vegetables are in the oven, prepare the maple Dijon vinaigrette. Whisk together 2 Tbsp maple syrup, 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Set the dressing aside.
Add ⅓ cup chopped pecans to a skillet and heat over medium, stirring often, for about 2-3 minutes or until the pecans begin to smell toasty. Remove them from the heat as soon as you begin to smell the nutty aroma.
Once the sweet potatoes are tender and the Brussels sprouts are browned, remove them from the oven.
Add the roasted vegetables to a large bowl, then add the toasted pecans. Drizzle half of the dressing over top, then gently toss until everything is combined. Add more dressing to your liking.
Crumble about 2 oz. goat cheese over the salad just before serving. Enjoy!